Monday, June 19, 2006

ADMIRING ART

An artist from the Art in the Park gave this painting to my daughter Saturday. My daughter was admiring this girls work and the artist gave her the painting. She said she loves when children show an interest in art, and told my daughter about what this particular painting meant to her.

My daughter walked through the park beaming, carrying her painting. As we were leaving the park she looked up at me and said "I love my painting!" I told her maybe she should run back and tell the artist and thank her one more time. She did.

4 comments:

Silver Creek Mom said...

Awww now that is special.

Hugs

BeachMama said...

That is so sweet and something your daughter will remember everytime she looks at the painting.

twinmomplusone said...

what a special painting that is and what a nice gesture from teh painter :)

ninepounddictator said...

That is the nicest thing! I can't believe that artist did that!

I love when kids love art. My daughter thinks her dad painted this Jack Bush painting we have. (Actually, he probably could have...)

Anyway, I think that artist was super nice...and a true artist!

I love hearing stories like that!