Monday, May 07, 2007

A NEW HOME


My sister-in-law came for a visit
on Sat. from the east coast. She
mentioned how much she liked this
glass piece of the maple leaf that I had hanging in my front garden.

I told her to take it home. After a grand afternoon of shopping in Westboro and lunch out we all relaxed back at my house with a cup of tea.

As we were saying our good-byes I told her not to forget her glass art. She looked at me and said "I didn't think you were serious." I told her I was, and to go ahead and take it. She was halfway down the laneway with her glass piece in her hand when she turned and came back and told me that I was like my mother... if someone admired something in her home she would tell them to take it. It was a nice compliment.

I guess the maple leaf will find a new home in Nova Scotia.

5 comments:

BeachMama said...

Another gorgeous stained glass peice. Love the maple leaves. And how thoughtful and generous of you, I am sure she will tell everyone where she got that awesome peice.

twinmomplusone said...

she's one lucky lady to go away with such a beautiful and generous gift

Lainey-Paney said...

That's very sweet of you.

And of course she liked it---it's beautiful!

Lainey-Paney said...

...if I ever come to your house---I'm going to admire your car, or a flat screen tv or something!

SWEEEEEET! Then I'll get to take it home!

...just kidding!

Silver Creek Mom said...

I'm so jealous. Where do you live so I can come over and Get one. ;)

Love your peices.