Thursday, May 04, 2006

OLD LETTERS

My brother and his wife are visiting from
Nova Scotia. They are staying with their
son in Cornwall but stopped in for
a visit on Monday. Over lunch they mentioned their daughter was looking for a recipe of my mother's. I pulled out my mom's old recipe box and as I was going through all her old recipes. I came across this letter written to me from my mom. I was staying with my brother and his family in P.E.I. at the time.
.
Over lunch my brother read the letter. It brought back a lot of memories. His children were just little, I was a teenager, and my mom wrote about the summer of '76. My mom passed away many Mays ago now, although it just seems like yesterday. It was nice to find the letter it was nice to reminisce.


3 comments:

ninepounddictator said...

That's so nice....You are lucky to have found that...It gives me the chills, it's so sweet.

BeachMama said...

How special to have a little something from Mom tucked away.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you never found this before, considering the baking you do...seems like someone is making sure she's not forgotten...

It's so heart warming to bring back the memories of someone that is no longer with us...

You brought tears to my eyes...